Sunday, November 1, 2009

Black Cats are Lucky

My family had a wonderful, if occasionally ferocious, black cat, Anthracite. The cantalope eating, beer sipping, vase-knocking black cat with black stripes was the epitome of "cat": a barely domesticated wild beast with refined tastes. My parents still miss him.
For unknown reasons, the Mister also favors black cats and I think we were both surprised when the cat who adopted us turned out to be mostly white.
My nieces were black cats for their first Halloweens.

And this year we had this delightful creature.

8 comments:

Molly said...

My favorite costume from last night was Max, from Where The Wild Things Are, but that was before I saw these photos... What an adorable costume on an even more adorable kid!

Beth said...

That's an awesome costume. :-)

Anonymous said...

Too bad he couldn't have visited our house. I'd have given him Snickers, Hersheys with almonds, and Baby Ruths.
He looks great.
glenn

Irene said...

Awww... such a snuggly costume (as if babies weren't already snuggly enough).

Prairie Quilter said...

So cute! But what else would I expect.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

When I told the Mister that Dianthus had a Halloween costume, he gave me the same look of disbelief I think he would give me if I were to enter our child in a baby beauty pagent*. He was fine with it when he realized that it was a "vintage" black cat costume (i.e. previously belonging to Dianthus's cousins).

*Halloween costumes and pageants are nothing alike in my book, but the Mister would never think of either.

Ad Astra said...

Great costume. I remember wonderful Anthracite quite well!

Stacie Ogborn said...

Very cute! He's a beautiful baby! I hope we can get the two little cousins together soon.