Thursday, August 19, 2010

Someday I'll Move the Mirror

The mirror on the mirror hanging in the master bathroom isn't exactly my style, and, as it happens, the frame hits my reflection right in the eye. Except for the hole for the nail that holds the gilded mirror, the mirror in back is completely sufficient on its own. So why haven't I moved the top mirror in the month that I've lived here?
Because I was waiting until I unpacked the bathroom stuff?
Because I can't move the mirror until we're ready to hang all the art?
Because I had to leave it to show our visitors (The Mister's parents, happy cricket, my parents and Sunflower Spinner four weeks in a row!)?
Because school started?
Because I have a one year old?
Because I'm plain tired?

While the former are all true, the latter is what's getting me.
This is supposed to be a relatively light load. The Mister has cooked dinner every night this week. I haven't done a thing except walk Dianthus to day care, walk to work, work and walk home. And I'm beat. Needing high doses of chocolate kind of beat. "I can't believe classes just started yesterday I'm so worn down" kind of beat.
But I don't plan to bring any work home this weekend. So maybe I'll move the mirror and hang the paintings. Or maybe I'll mow.
Or maybe I'll play with Dianthus and pretend to change my personal style so it fits the gilded mirror on mirror and all of these light fixtures.

5 comments:

Marieke said...

I think the hideous mirror could make a great conversation piece. Added benefit is that you'll stop seeing it after a while and forget it's there completely!

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Oh, I've already pretty much forgotten it. It's actually going to be moved from the master bath, where nobody will ever see it, to the little guest bathroom where it will totally dominate the small space and start conversation. We need a mirror there anyway, and I'm not going to buy one when I have such a striking one.
Alas, being a single mirror it won't start the same conversation that it does on top of another mirror.

janet said...

i was just telling my mom today about your mirror on a mirror. and i mentioned how you hated it and it hit you at eye-level and that you hadn't moved it yet.....but i couldn't give her any good reason as to why you hadn't removed it yet.... hahahaa!!!!

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Mirror has now been moved.

Irene said...

We still have many "to-do" items around our house that we planned to take care of soon after moving in. Newness and parenting and socializing are hard work!