Monday, August 6, 2012

Long Weekend

Ahhh.  Monday morning.  Finally.  I thought the weekend would never end.
Someday, I am sure, on a Monday I will again lament how quickly two days can pass by.  [Actually, I am sure that will happen as I walk into my Monday morning lecture every Monday for the rest of my working life, but let's leave underprepared lectures aside for the moment.]  But somehow I don't see that someday coming until at least one child is potty trained, or both children have full sets of teeth, or ragweed is not blooming, or both children sleep all night in their own beds, or daytime highs are under 100, or we have friends with whom to play, or some auspicious combination of the above.
Someday I'll look at Dianthus and Aster and the Mister on Friday afternoon and think about the great possibilities of two days to spend together.
But probably not in August while they are 1 and 3 and 39.
For now, I'll just savor Monday morning.

1 comment:

The Mister said...

Hey, both kids slept. High was under 100. 2 out of 6(?) is better than current normal.