Monday, May 13, 2013

The Yosemite Vegas Reading and Fitness Plan

Next month, the Mister and I are hitting Yosemite, a place I love and look forward to returning to, and Las Vegas, a place I have never been and am prejudiced against, on the same trip.*

Besides general proximity, what do these places have in common?
I need to be ready for them, that's what!
I plan on being in Half Dome Hiking shape and of a shape in which I can wear a little dress to dinner at a Thomas Keller restaurant.
I also plan on reading or viewing your favorite Yosemite, Las Vegas, or Utah outdoors books and movies to mentally prepare myself.  John Muir.  Hunter S. Thompson.  Anthony Bourdain.  Who else?

So, for my birthday (Sunday, May 19th. I am totally shameless with the reminders), I want fitness or diet suggestions (crazy accepted, although I probably won't follow them) and Yosemite Vegas suggestions.
Viva Le Cirque de Sierra!

*Thanks to generosity and craziness of parents, Dianthus and Aster will be riding the train from Denver to Yosemite while the Mister and I drive via Vegas.

4 comments:

Amateur Reader (Tom) said...

I do not believe I know any relevant books besides the ones you mention. There must be all sorts of good Las Vegas crime books, but I do not know them.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I might need to concentrate on Las Vegas movies-- there seem to be plenty of them. I sent my MiL a Yosemite Ranger mystery-- we'll see how she likes it.

Ad Astra said...

Leaving Las Vegas for movie.

Be sure to get off the strip and see the great scenery!

Geologic Tours in the Las Vegas Area should be recommended reading!

We enjoyed looking at petroglyphs at Red Rock Canyon. And Valley of Fire is quite lovely.

Have a great trip!

Amateur Reader (Tom) said...

Ah ha, we thought of one - Basin and Range by John McPhee. Geology and geologists in Nevada and Utah.