Saturday, October 12, 2013

Flower Progress of Photographic Failures

Just checked back with my goals for Floraganza (go back to February), and progress towards them has been mixed.
I forced bulbs (#13, check), I've sent some flowers (#16, check), I've received flowers (#17, check), I had flowers in the kitchen constantly until June.  I have cool dried flowers in a graduated cylinder in my office all the time (#1, check, to some extent).  I've worn flowery things.  I read The Language of Flowers.  I did ethnobotanical story telling.  I'm drinking from a flowering mug as I write.
I have not, however, learned how to take a good photograph of flowers in my kitchen with my camera (#10, fail so far).
 Here's three of the many bouquets I've photographed both with and without flash.  Flash- overexposed with weird colors.  No flash- too muted and with too "soft" of focus.  Suggestions for remedies or ways to improve my technique?

3 comments:

janet said...

I can't believe we are so far along in the year! Yikes! I have no tips for flower lighting for you.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I have also apparently not learned to line up photographs on my blog.
Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Try this blog post: http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/posie_gets_cozy/2008/02/first-flowery.html

I think you would enjoy this blog even if that post isn't helpful.
-Molly