Monday, November 25, 2013

Don't let your flowers wilt

Part of the funky smell was the flowers.  The old arrangement in water that needed dumping smelled bad and the new flowers, (well, purchased new over a week ago but never arranged), added extra must.
Still life with rotting flowers, half never arranged, and a pumpkin.
I had let my flowers wilt. 
My personal symbol of joy, learning and taking time for myself had become a foul-smelling obligation.  Bleh. 
Don't let this happen to you.
The overall advice from my blog is pretty obvious: take care of yourself and seek joy in your life.
Sometimes I have a hard time following it.
But if you do find that your flowers have wilted and the water is murky; it only takes a minute to dump it all or dump and salvage. In either case, your life will smell that much better.

1 comment:

Chateau said...

Loved the "title" of your photo!

And I'll bet you'll soon be arranging a new Thanksgiving bouquet with unwilted flowers and grasses from your yard. Oops, but maybe the freezing weather has already "wilted" them.