Monday, August 4, 2014

Adjusting the focus

I've become much better at flower photography over the last year.  Some of this improvement could be attributed to just taking more pictures and some to having lower expectations (and a greater willingness to toss out), but a lot of the improvement comes from my willingness to forget about most of the frame.  The whole thing is not going to be in focus at once.  And that's okay.
I'm trying to apply the metaphorical lesson here as well.  There's a lot going on in my life these days and I often feel busy and blurry as I try to control it all. 
Clarity and beauty can be found when I focus on a little at time.
Alpine Caryophyllaceae at 12,000 ft.  Dime size flowers.  ID anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very well said. I've been pondering the same topic lately.
Molly