Sunday, February 7, 2016

When Passions Collide

So, there is this big football game this afternoon.  And my new obsession with the Great British Baking Show.  And vegetable evangelism.

Which is probably how I come, on a lovely Sunday afternoon in which I have a very large pile of things to be graded, to be neither grading nor playing outside, but rather fretting over menu planning.

The United by Orange Soup* is simmering.   I'm off to buy blue corn chips.  And I am seriously considering a 4 layer masterpiece: 2 dark chocolate and 2 orange, with an orange marmalade filling between the chocolate layers and an orange white chocolate cream piped around the top, but then I might stick with the original plan of chocolate "self-saucing puddings" and Orange Crush Sorbet.

Oh nerves of baking desires. And it's still four hours until game time.

Go Broncos!**

*United by Orange Soup contains butternut squash, orange lentils, carrots, sweet potatoes, turmeric, paprika, puri-puri, a third of an orange habanero and a dash of kalamansi orange vinegar for the oranges that have been united.  It also has onion, ginger, cumin, coriander, celery, leek and the Mister's homemade chicken stock.  It will be pureed later, with some saffron and pumpkin if the color is lacking, and possibly some coconut milk to make it more curry like.  It's wholesome deliciousness will offset any brie, nachos, or jalepeno poppers that make have been promised to Dianthus.  It will not be enough to off-set anything with dark chocolate and orange.

**I am well aware that this post will be moot by the time that most of you are reading it,  I am sharing the timely spiciness of orange-colored-vegetable-soup in my house right now.  What can I say, go Broncos!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

This post makes me want chocolate. Ran out of M&Ms weeks ago, and down to a handful of small chocolate covered coffee beans. Too bad Haiti doesn't turn its cocoa into eating chocolate.