Monday, January 28, 2019

That Kind of Witch, Too

"I am not THAT kind of witch," was to be today's proclamation, after I declared yesterday that I am a witch.  And certainly there are lots of kinds of witches I am not.  I am not a magical being (at least, not beyond being a living loving human, which is, in itself, pretty spectacular magic).  I do not cast spells.  I do not wish ill on others.  I'm not a midwife.  I'm not Wiccan.  I'm not an herbalist.  Much as I'd like to, I can't fly, and I have no particular affinity for broomsticks.

But beyond a lifetime of interest in celebrating the seasons and the moon (and Glow Year and Star Year), often right on the pagan holidays, I'm now 33 years into the same Halloween costume, "a witch with a day job". I've always taken photos of fungus, I take great pride in the cakes I bake and I love serving glowing kitchen magic.  I'm those kinds of witches, too, and I haven't even mentioned the herbs, or the roots, or the flowers.
Unbothered by Witch of a Mother


Ohio in July
Kangaroo Jedi


Pomegranate Almond Cake-- Symbolic and Tasty


Nine Layers for 9th Birthday
"Just bake 5 and cut them in half before stacking" said his uncle

7 in July

Almost a Hummingbird


Apparently my Mother-in-Law Knows
(she made this for my birthday)

1 comment:

Chateau said...

It's pretty fine, being in the witch (or not) family with your kind of witch!