Sunday, January 11, 2009

Resolution Indecision

I haven't figured out what my resolution for 2009 is. If you have ideas of something interesting, fun and shareable, let me know. I'm considering gratitude, Italy, castles, insects and the family Fabaceae (the legumes), although nothing seems quite right. Fortunately, I have until sometime around Happy Cricket's birthday/Chinese New Year/most depressing day of the year to figure it out.

In the meantime, I'm fully supportive of The Mister's resolution to cook something from one of our cookbooks every week. Expect upcoming reports on his progress, along with book reviews (I regularly resolve to read 50 a year and I'm pleased to say I haven't fallen behind yet), and rodent and luck updates.

3 comments:

janet said...

well i have a little good news for everyone. it seems that this year the most depressing day of the year is NOT my birthday, the 24th. it was actually yesterday! so yipppeee! we made it! the worst is over!

Anonymous said...

Well, we like the idea of "bugs 'n' beans" as a theme. It's very catchy.

On the other hand, it's rare that the phrase,"This has legumes in it!" will raise a spontaneous cheer at the dinner table.

Gratitude is a nice theme, since it's something worth cultivating any time.

Tough call!

Marieke said...

Congratulations--another exciting chapter! I hope the year will be full of wonderful things for you. I can't really suggest any new themes but I know you'll come up with something good!