Friday, March 5, 2010

Noodles from the friends I'm lucky to have

When I opted for noodles over gratitude for the year's resolution, I intended to add an intense focus on gratitude during Lent and spend part of every day being publicly grateful (i.e. posting about gratitude). Then late February happened. Snow delays, labs cancelled, midterms. all school cancelled, two trips out of state in the same week (involving 10 plane flights, three of them taking off at 6 am), four different talks as a guest lecturer, and adorable baby needing attention. The result: I haven't yet written about gratitude. But there is so much to be thankful for.
My friends are high on the list.
I live near very few of them.
I've become a poor correspondent.
And still, they remain fabulous.
In many many ways.
Among the many ways: within two days of posting my noodle resolve, I received photos of noodle vendors in Haiti and "beef satay chow fun for lunch".

I'm grateful for such great friends.

5 comments:

Irene said...

I've become a horrible correspondent too... that is to say, even worse than before I had a kid to blame it on!

Beth said...

Can I blame the puppy for my horrible correspondent abilities?

Anonymous said...

The dish on the left looks absolutely delicious----even for a steak eatin' ol rancher.
father-in-law

Sparkling Squirrel said...

This was not intended to provoke friends into apologizing for being poor correspondents (particularly when they are not) but rather to thank you for being friends.

Chateau said...

Noodle recipes coming soon - from the Mom who's lucky to have YOU!