Sunday, March 7, 2010

Winter Gratitude

I love snow. I'm grateful that, unlike most of the world's population, I live in a place where it snows most winters.
It has snowed a lot here this winter. Far more than average. I'm grateful for the extreme quantity of winter weather because it made me joyfully giddy when spring weather arrived Friday.

And I'm particularly grateful for the sunshine today. Because it is sunny, I have a chance to avenge yesterday's tennis loss to the Mister in the opening set of the season. By the end of the day, we'll surely be tied.

5 comments:

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I think this photo was taken three weeks ago. There were, however, multiple moments over the last six weeks when the icicles reached the ground.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Mister won again today. Bleh.

Irene said...

Our house had impressive icicles only on the southeast side, where we don't usually look.

But I too was delighted by the snow, and ecstatic that it's (nearly) gone and the daffodils are coming up.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Playing for the third day in a row, I won today.

Marieke said...

We've also had a lot more snow than normal here! Ski clubs are sprouting up everywhere. But it will be all over soon.