Friday, June 4, 2010

That's How Lucky I Am

I'm sweating sitting in my stuffy office frantically milling through piles of paperwork trying to efficiently locate a receipt to turn in for our medical savings account and worrying about all the moving details that are not yet begun. I took a break to see if there were any new quotes from moving companies and realized that I had not posted in over a week.
It's a great time to remind myself that I lead a charmed life. A few quickly chosen examples:
  • I have friends who think of me when they read about luck [ evidence that lucky people share personality traits (thanks Irene!) (more details here)], and noodles [flying spaghetti monster iphone accessories, (thanks Supplement Scriber!)].

  • While we were in Kansas, my son pulled over one of Sal Sis's shelves, destroying several fragile items. She just wrote me a nice message telling me how much fun he is (thanks Sal Sis, he thinks you and your menagerie are lots of fun too!).

  • Marieke, my blogosphere friend who lives, reads, writes and gardens in Western Scotland, sent me a pasta card with rodent stamps. A woman I "met" the one time I tried a random search feature on blogger turns out to be a kindred spirit and happy with her inner pasta. How lucky is that?

  • My future house has a sundae parlour.

4 comments:

Marieke said...

I still want to know - which noodle are you? :P

Glad to hear you found a house, parlour and everything!

Amateur Reader (Tom) said...

A sundae parlor! Now that, that is nice. That's a find.

Beth said...

A sundae parlor.... ooooh :-)

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Marieke-
Probably spaghetti (straight and predictable) at heart with a farfalle exterior. I like to think that I am flamboyant and eccentric, but I am so in rather staid, predictable ways.

AR, Beth-- Do come by and we'll make you a sundae. The realator listed it as a "sunroom/funroom". It has a soda fountain and a classic coca-cola theme (although the juke box does not stay, the red barstools do). The Mister insists on calling it the fun room and seeing it as a perfect place for the bonko parties I'll never throw and I insist on calling it a sunroom and invision using the beautiful wood bar as a potting bench. Sundae parlour is a compromise.