Friday, October 26, 2012

For Goodness Snakes

This is not going to be one of those blogs inundating you with the cute things my kids say.  (How could it be?  At once a week, it could never be inundation.)  I even resisted summer 2011 when Dianthus, fascinated by trucks and having a hard time with first syllables and consonant blends, shouted "-UCK" every time he saw a truck.  Firetrucks were especially amusing (Fer-UCK!) and the one time he ran to the window shouting "Mu-her frUCK" I was baffled until I saw the trucks with the lawn mowers parked across the street.
But this week, at dinner, he's been determined, with an exasperated sigh, to chastise us repeatedly, "For goodness snakes, Mommy,"  and I find it even more worth sharing than, "Dora's fascist."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've known another person whose mother had to train him to say "fire engine" as a kid for the same reason. Goodness snakes is a good one :) I may start saying it.

Molly