Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Old People Acids?

I am well pleased to be (mostly) out of the topical salicyclic acid (and benzoyl peroxide) phase of my life.  While they rear their nasty little heads (pun intended) every now and again, zits are not something causing me great concern on a regular basis.  Nor, frankly, are wrinkles.
But as winter approaches and my skin seems to tighten around, it occurs to me that maybe wrinkles, and avoidance of future wrinkles, should be causing me a bit more concern.
Maybe I should be applying some miracle cream.
Heck, maybe there's an acid for that.
So, two questions.  1) Do you have any acids in your "beauty regime" (glycolic, alpha hydroxy, GABA, lipoic, others)?  2) Do you have any other grown-up products I should know about?
(For instance, I recently tried a beauty balm [BB!] and loved it (between a tinted moisturizer and regular foundation), I've started using "primers" around my eyes, and my gel manicure for New York really did last 3 weeks [but nobody told me I would never be able to remove it]).
I think I'll definitely need an acid facial before the end of the acid year and other suggestions will be taken under consideration.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I like Clinque moisturizing lotion and some of the "acids" when my face breaks out. Which is still does. I thought we were supposed to out grow that....

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I was complaining about zits at 25 once and my mother commented, "Look at me, I still get them." and I was furious with her. She was supposed to say, "Yeah, I got them in my 20s but once I hit 30 my complexion turned perfect."
I had persistent face issues while pregnant with Aster and since those cleared up have felt so relatively good about my skin that I haven't cared about the zits that definitely still emerge.