Monday, February 11, 2013

And so begins Floraganza

Happy New Year!

I pickled some daikon on Saturday, the Mister preserved some lemons and I think I inadvertently am growing a vinegar mother, so never fear, acid explorations will continue; but the new moon was yesterday, Janet's birthday was weeks ago, the year of the snake is here and with it the new resolution.
It's flower year.
Welcome to Floraganza!
This year I will celebrate flowers.
I will be spreading out my specific goals and the rationale behind Floraganza* over the week (among other things, we have a different sickness in our house and I must attend to the youngest member and his feverish rasps) but we will start with the big one.
1. I will have flowers in my house or office (and preferably both) every week.

*The term Floraganza is from the Mister.  It was a joke.  One can't make many suggestions in jest around here without someone taking them seriously.

**The photo captures the lingering nature of these resolutions.  Flowers (2013), sparkling wine (2003-- this bottle a gift from FiL and MiL from Greece) and pink (2004) are all represented.  And somehow I didn't even discuss the acidity of wine in acid year (2012).

1 comment:

janet said...

I'm a fan of flower year already. I was resolving to have fresh flowers in my home and/or office every week this year. Thus far...pretty much a fail. Thankfully you sent me flowers! And I picked some paperwhites from my yard....but I need MORE FLOWERS! Will work on that.