Sunday, April 6, 2014

Five days of peaches

The speed of spring is sometimes delightfully dizzying.  One moment (say, March 30) our darling dwarf peach tree barely had swollen buds, and then these were taken moments later (on April first, second and fifth).  Meanwhile, the first tulips opened on April 1, the lilacs on the east side are about to pop, we planted three kiwis yesterday and two figs last week and the whole outside smells deliciously of golden currant and hyacinths (each of which has been blooming for more than a week).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds absolutely lovely! Right now I'm enjoying warm air and birdsong through my open window, but no distinct fragrances. Roses and irises are blooming, including two roses I planted last winter that I thought might have died (new baby=no watering). It makes me feel hopeful.
Molly