Monday, November 10, 2014

Spooky

It is rather frightening how fast they are growing up . . . sometimes.
Aster glowed as a firefighter and Dianthus rocked the classic ghost look.  Our jack-o-lantern was also modified classic-- my parents were big into ears and I've decided in recent years (okay, the last twenty) that eyebrows are an important touch.
I had nothing to do with Dianthus lining up his loot (75 pieces visible.  We only went to 9 houses! When did some houses start giving ten pieces per house?), so it also scares me, a bit, that he came up with this behavior entirely on his own.  Five year-old me would have sorted by color and size.
To see just how much they have grown, you can visit Dianthus as a black cat in 2009, Dianthus as a young punk in 2010, Aster as a black cat and Dianthus as a Hawaiian firefighter in 2011, Dianthus as a firefighter and Aster as a rock star in 2012, and the mysterious costumes of 2013.


To better see the eyebrows


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears there should be little need to purchase any candy for the next several months. I hope they got many snickers and baby ruths. I'd opt for an O'Henry---but don't know if they're even manufactured anymore.

Debbie said...

42-year old me would line it up by what I like most, and give away the undesirables, getting credit for sharing.