Sunday, January 22, 2017

I thought I saw a pussy hat . .


"I did, I did.  I saw many hundred pussy hats."

I know that you can watch the news and see aerial photographs of the crowds today in D.C. and Chicago and L.A. and even the over 100,000 people who rallied in Denver.

Pussy hat made from old clothes during the ice storm
It's okay if it looks like unbalanced pig ears,
most of the others didn't really look like cats either.
You can't see the photos from Oklahoma City because the helicopters were not there.  But we were.  Apparently about 6,000* of us.  Enough of us that the we more than filled the entire loop route of the march-- the back of the line hadn't started moving when the front returned.  We were there. In Oklahoma City.

And on my facebook page alone, you will not only see my friends marching in D.C., NY, Chicago, and Denver, but also friends marching in Hartford, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Charleston (the capital of West Virginia), Atlanta (where the marchers high-fived the police officers as they walked by), St. Louis, Oakland, Raleigh, Augusta, Maine, Omaha, and Topeka.

We are here.  We love our country.  And our rights are not up for grabs.

And since I'm apparently posting sign slogans rather than original writing, I'll close with:
Love, not hate, is what makes American great.

*ETA 1/22/2017  Better estimates are closer to 12,000 of us!

1 comment:

Chateau said...

Well done dear daughter.