Monday, January 8, 2018

I'm Still Counting

Pie year continues through the Lunar New Year or such time that I decide the new theme begins, so, have no fear, there are still chances for more pie.

I baked three pies over the weekend, the two Epiphany pies shown below, plus a ham, leek, ricotta pie the next day, and surprised myself by not being able to give an accurate count when asked how many I've baked during Year of Pie. Obviously, what I need to do on the first night of class is sit down and count some more.

When I last counted in early September, I had baked (or directed the baking of) 47 pies to date.

Since then

September (1 in addition to the 7 listed earlier)
S'Mores Pie for the Mister's birthday

October (5)
 2 sweet potato for Race, Religion and BBQ discussions (more on both the pies and the issues sometime in the future) which are the best pies I have baked.
3 variations on chocolate chess for the Fall Festival at Church

November (10)
Nov. Student Baking: Sometimes One Forgets to Style the Pies
Lemon tart, Chocolate Chess, Chocolate Pecan, and Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coffee, Pecan with students (all good, but as the Mister declared, none as good as the sweet potato).
Pumpkin and sweet potato for the harvest breakfast
Mincemeat, cranberry mince, pumpkin and sweet potato for Thanksgiving

December (3)
Cranberry rhubarb, mincemeat and Shaker orange for Christmas

January (3 so far)
Sausage and apple, Epiphany Pie, and Ham, Leek and Ricotta

68 pies to date!

Variations of chocolate and pecan.  All good.  None better than
straight pecan or straight chocolate.




2 comments:

GRSshoes said...

SO yummy dish...

http://www.grsshoes.com/

Jenny said...

The world needs a Sparkling Squirrel cookbook.