Friday, May 4, 2018

There are chicks and they are adorable

In the midst of "spring stuff",  I thought I had missed the eaglet stage of the D.C. bald eagles entirely.  After turning in my grades today, I checked and the eagles hatched late this year: one on Monday and one yesterday (May 3).

Brassicaeae  San Francisco Botanical Gardens, March 2018
The cameras are up and you can see their tiny ugly little adorablenesses, at least when mom or dad moves away for a moment.

(I have no stake in D.C. Eagle's by the way, I just think the live stream from the American Eagle Foundation and the USDA is very very cool)
https://www.dceaglecam.org/

I completed the semester with no kites in town, a first for the years I have been keeping track.  Immediately after saying that, I spotted a raptor soaring late this afternoon.  It is possible it's a kite, but they certainly aren't everywhere yet.

No comments: