Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Dropping the Ball but then Getting On the Ball for Ball Games

As part of ball year I planned to attend all sorts of ball games at all sorts of levels.

In the spring I attended minor league baseball, youth soccer, and college basketball.  Over the summer I attended 9 international soccer matches.

This fall.  Well, this fall I attended eight youth soccer games (missing four for BioBlitz Oklahoma and three for the Lego League competition).  I intended to go to semi-pro soccer, and high school sports, and lacrosse and field hockey and maybe even some rugby, and then it was crazy season with the 3,000 plants, so I dropped that ball.

BUT it turns out that the college at which I teach has a conference winning soccer team, so they are hosting the conference tournament on campus, starting tomorrow.  We'll attend if they make it to the finals on Saturday.  AND the local high school football team's regular season is over, but they have their first play-off game at home on Friday.  I suddenly feel so on the ball.

No comments: