Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Romantic Rodents

To commemorate the day of Saint Valentine*, I adopted a Vancouver Island Marmot in the Mister's name and, while I haven't yet received anything substantive, I have heard rumours that a plush Vancouver Island Marmot (Marmota vancouverensis) will be arriving for my present.
You may laugh at such romantic antics, but I'm a sucker for the romance of rodents. How could I not be smitten with a man wooed me with the latin name of a thirteen-lined ground squirrel, declared after we had been together about a year that Marmota should be the official genus of our household, and travels with a stuffed prairie dog? I wish you all someone who "gets" you as well.

*I actually intended to adopt the marmot as a Christmas present.

3 comments:

janet said...

i need a cabbage recipe!

Jennifer said...

I have always been jealous of your household animal genus. I mean, we could have one but Space Scribbler is just not committed to a animal genus like you and your mister.

janet said...

you two are great, so glad you found each other. i also suspect the marmot genus is happy about it, too.