Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mein kleine Mäuschen grows up


My favorite human rodent is growing up. Das Mäuschen, the little mouse, my elder niece, started kindergarten today.


It wasn't that long ago that she was charming her way into other families photos as the very earnest 3 1/2 year old flower girl at our wedding. Nor was it all that long ago that she was scaring the neighbors shrieking from her stroller as I took her for walks.


The mouse, most definitely has improved with age, as has her equally charming younger sister, the little lion. It's just that I'm not quite ready to be the aunt of a school girl, not that I have any choice.


So, Macht spaβ, Mäuschen!, and don't grow up too very fast.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It is hard. Has she started loosing teeth yet? My niece has. She just can't be that old. Not to mention my nephews.