Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pedicure in Newark

While I have much to say about Italian legumes, both as plants and food, I will have images to illustrate the key points if I just wait two weeks. I'm also feeling sorry for travellers who don't notice either plants or food (what do you look at out the train window if you're not noticing the plants whizzing by? how do you plan your days if it doesn't involve trying a new kind of cheese or gelato?), but it's nap time rather than essay time. But, just to thank all of the people who stop by here even when I don't write regularly, I will offer this tip: if you have a long layover at Newark airport, the little "spa" in the C wing does great pedicures with swollen-ankle-reducing foot massages at prices competitive with the scary tanning salon in my town, West Virginia.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I really enjoy getting tips on things to do or places to eat in airports...it can be very handy!

Beth said...

Indeed - I'll think of that next time I'm stuck in an airport - it never occured to me to look for pedicures in an airport.

Tucson Trekker said...

So what do you do to celebrate your birthday when in Italy?