Monday, September 21, 2009

For Dianthus from the Dandelion

Back at the end of March, my dear Kansas friends (many of whom no longer live in Kansas), threw me a surprise baby shower while I was in town. They gave me a gift certificate to The Blue Dandelion, a downtown Lawrence baby store, the kind of store that sells organic cotton sleepers on sturdy wooden hangers, all-terrain strollers more expensive than BOB and Scandinavian design high chairs. In short, it is the kind of store that I love but would never consider actually buying something at unless I had a compelling reason. Thanks to my friends for giving me a compelling reason. With that gift certificate reasons, I bought:
The Bummis set of unbleached cotton cloth diapers and the accompanying flushable liners and cute "whisper wraps"
A super-soft duckie sheet
A sleeper with a chipmunk
A sleeper with turtles
Six pairs of monkey socks and
Two wash clothes

All are made of organic cotton. More on the usefulness of all this later, for now, a big thank you to those great friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, this is a handsome young man.
Grandpa

salsis said...

You'll have to critique each one!

Valancy Jane said...

Awwwwwwww, what a darling model you have there.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I think he's throwing down some rhymes in this one-- or perhaps still working on his Jedi mind tricks. Thanks for coming by VJ!