Monday, May 3, 2010

Tres de Mayo

In May 2008, spring was advancing at a pace about a week and a half behind this year, judging by the dogwood, lilacs and early azalea in that may basket. All of those flowers were well past when I picked a different lavender azalea for this year's bouquet.

Monday of Finals 2009 (May 4) we flooded. This year it rained all night but the river creseted at a mere 16 and a half feet.

On May 3, 2003 I met the Mister for the first time.

May 3, 2010 Dianthus has an ear infection and was sent home from day care, so my to-do list is looking more like that of May 3, 2009 than I'd like to admit, except there is no going to Italy at the end of it and I'm not sleeping well because of a cranky baby on the outside, not a hiccuping fetus inside. On May 3, 2010 the forget-me nots, clematis, columbine and alliums are looking great.
May is the luckiest month.

6 comments:

Chateau said...

Beautiful flowers; can't wait to see them. And eat pasta with Brussells sprouts. And walk with you (and William). And drink your wine!!

Chateau said...

And we're so glad that you met Jeff on May 3, 2003!

Ad Astra said...

May is a beautiful month, but always seems so busy! I'll have to dig up a poem and send it to you written by a friend.

Glad you have Columbines--my favorite flower. Enjoy the season! Be sure to breathe as the semester winds down!

Irene said...

Glad to see that the lengthy to-do list and cranky baby are not preventing you from enjoying the flowers of the season. I don't know about luck, but I would definitely say May is one of my favorite months.

Anonymous said...

And the in-laws are glad you met Jeff also--doesn't seem that long ago. Keep him in line.
Dianthus's grandpa

Prairie Quilter said...

I hope Dianthus is getting better.