Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nine Months On, Nine Months Off

Dianthus turned nine months yesterday and he celebrated by crawling up the whole staircase (with the Mister trailing closely behind). I celebrated by stepping on the scale and noticing that the first digit was not a two. I'm very excited to be back at -6 from November 2008 when Dianthus was conceived and I was at my pre-pregnancy fattest and -1 from what I consider my regular 2008 pre-pregnancy weight. Mind you, my shape is nothing like what it was, many a waist band still alludes zipping, and I'm still too large to be healthy, but I'm excited to be on the right track.
Leggy, butt-less, genetically skinny Heather Armstrong over at Dooce.com has written this week about improving upon her pre-pregnancy shape through intense work outs and stress dieting. Good for her. I guess I'm just adding that slow steady non-intense can work for the those of us who eat our noodles, let it show, and always have.

The Mister and I have cut out all midweek wine drinking (don't gasp mother, we can drink some while you are here) and we are donating the savings to Feeding America. There are people who can use those calories. We aren't them.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Yay for downward-trending numbers on the scale! It took me a lot more than 9 months to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. I noticed that when I was actually trying to eat fewer calories, it would work for about a week, then I'd be ravenous for a few days: 2 steps forward, 1 step (or 1.5 or 2 steps) back. Slow steady non-intense was the only thing that did work for me.

Yay for Dianthus turning nine months and climbing stairs!