Friday, January 21, 2011

A STIRring schedule of reading

Thanks for the tremendous enthusiasm for reading something new with me. We have a nearly full schedule and the first two books already selected.
Febraury: SalSis Breath, Eyes, Memory by Edwidge Danticat (Amazon link)
March: Marieke Lark Rise to Candleford by Flora Thompson (Amazon link)
April: Jenny
May: Molly
June: Jennifer
July: Janet
August: open, but must be book that's easy to read while breastfeeding
September: Tracy
October: Lindsey
November: Beth
December: open, or A Christmas Carol

If you haven't signed up, but want to be a book selector, you can still get in on August or December.
However, you needn't be a book selector in order to join me in reading interesting books. I'll post the selections far enough in advance that anyone can join in. The actual format of the discussion will vary with the book and friend (and possibly our technical abilities), but every month there will be room for asking questions and posting comments from anyone in my reading public.
If you have signed up and picked a book, I would like you to share a few lines to describe (very generally, I know you haven't read it yet) and promote the book, (i.e. why did you select it?).
I'm looking forward to a great variety of good books.

1 comment:

Marieke said...

I picked Lark Rise because I saw some episodes of the BBC dramatization and really liked them, because I have it on my bookshelf already, and because it's British and probably somewhat quaint and old-timey, small-villagey and I thought you might like it! Looking forward to it.