Friday, January 3, 2014

The Best Book of 1813 and 9 Others

There's a facebook meme going around in which participants pick ten books "that have stuck with you", meanwhile, a book blogger I follow has completed his end of the year "Best of . . " lists.  Coincidentally, I just started re-reading the Best Book of 1813 that happens to be a book that has stuck with me.  So, in celebration of some of my favorite reading, here's a list of "my" books, whatever that may mean.

Pride and Prejudice

Voyage of the Dawn Treader

A Tale of Two Cities

Anne of Green Gables

The Blue Sword

The Eight/Zinnia/Cherish the Dream/The Last Viking

Bridge to Terabithia

A Ring of Endless Light

Animal Dreams

The Phantom Tollbooth

Joy Luck Club

Cat's Cradle

The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More

What the Witch Left

January 3 Edit:  I started this two weeks ago.  Since I am resolved to read more fun books with friends in 2014, I'm posting it now, without commentary, with hopes that it will spark some discussion.  Let me know what "your" books are, and I'd love to talk (or write) about any of these, given a little nudge.
Oh, and I apparently overshot my "ten books" quota. Alas.


3 comments:

Debbie said...

Without thinking too much (and some are short stories)
Watership Down
Congo
Jurassic Park
The Black cat (stuck with me in a negative way)
The Lottery
Island of Dr. Moreau
The Veldt

Amateur Reader (Tom) said...

It might be a fun project to write about what stuck with you from each of these books.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

AR-- indeed that was the plan, I will institute it someday.
D-- I had omitted the junior high stories that haunted me-- Louisa Please Come Home, The Veldt, After 20 Years, but they are definitely there.