Monday, May 9, 2016

Rules to live by

One of the seldom mentioned perks of having annual themes is that it eliminates some decision making.  
Do I take a poor quality picture of the rodent at the Sonoran Desert Museum?  Of course I do.  Rodents are one of my things.
We happen upon The Curious Kumquat in Silver City, New Mexico at lunchtime. They are serving only full sit down meals rather than purveying supplies for a gourmet picnic.  We already ate a full breakfast and don't plan on a full restaurant lunch.  But there is a duck confit salad on the menu.  And a Oaxacan Mole Chicken sandwich, and it is bird year.  So we stay and now I "get" duck confit.  It was fabulous

And while in Tucson, we were at a Mexican grocer and encountered fresh garbonzos for the first time in my life.  Do I know what to do with fresh chick peas?  No.  Should I get them?  A brand new bean?  By all means, I need to try those beans.
Thanks to the Mister's Mother for shelling.  Steamed with salt and pepper, the beans were fine.

No comments: