Thursday, January 31, 2008

"Never Trouble Trouble . . .

until trouble troubles you," read my fortune in my fortune cookie last night.

I dislike this because I like genuine fortunes in my fortune cookies. The Mister's "Good news will come from far away" is an actual fortune, however unlikely. "Never trouble trouble," is a proverb or tongue twister, but not much of a fortune.

However, the fortune, along with Irene's comment on the post below, reminded me to clarify that with this lucky resolution I am not in the business of meddling with the fates. I'm exploring luck the way that I've explored pink or Rodentia or sparkling wine. I'm enjoying learning about luck and immersing myself in luck, but not troubling trouble about the future.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Good luck at your party tonight! I'll be thinking of it and you and past parties. Thanks for the rodent card!

Debbie said...

How do I get to Janet's blog? There used to be a link on your page. I'm not at the computer where it's bookmarked.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

The link to "Happy Cricket in Ecuador" on the right side of the page.