Saturday, April 11, 2009

Good Bean Soup

The Mister and I received a packet of ten bean soup, made my someone at the Women's Bean Project for Christmas. I like beans and I like bean soup, but I'll admit I was dubious about the ten bean soup because 1) different beans don't all cook the same length of time 2) it didn't seem to have anything to give it much flavor beyond the beans (i.e. no ham bone or carmelized onions added) 3) soup packets usually leave me wanting for everything but sodium. Much to our surprise, the soup, prepared following the packet instructions, was excellent.
The Mister has since attempted to imitate the soup, and his was also very good, but for both great soup and for supporting employment for underemployed women in Denver, I think the $5.50 for Toni's Ten Bean Soup is well worth it.

No comments: