Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sticklers for the truth

For those of you who have ended up here from my annual first of April letter, well, I think most of you should know me well enough by now not to believe ALL of those things.
Of course, most of it was true.
I am pregnant.
Many of the other Self Fellows are pregnant or wanting to be so.
I did fall and hurt my knee pretty badly, but that was two weeks ago and I am fine now.
There was a storm.
My friends did throw me a surprise shower in Kansas.
I am undecided about the proper diapering system for our future child.
We do refer to the child as Mervivian Phogg or Alloicious Nukular.
My student did win the WVAS presentation competition and my Mister's talk was well attended.

Most goofy stuff refers to past April Fool's letters (including my parents' convincing my grandmother that my brother was twins). Ask some time if you didn't receive or don't recall them.

Oh, I totally forgot to tell you about the leek in the toilet or the handsome guy with leopard print underwear I'm now engaged to, but you should take that as a given.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the annual AF letters. Thanks for brightening my day!

Beth said...

Yes indeed - thanks for the annual AF letter. And I wish I had been able to hang out with you last weekend.

Tucson Trekker said...

Wow! I've been trying to think up something good all day... You really should be a novelist or at least publish that article in cosmo! what great fun!

P.S. I hope you didn't eat the leek in the toilet!

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I still have giggling fits about the leek in the toilet that was no longer there and having grave concerns about the leek in the u-bend.