Thursday, March 21, 2013

STIR Flowers and Other Fun

SalSis and I are reading Vanessa Diffenbaugh's The Language of Flowers (found here on Amazon) for STIR for April.  I know nothing about it, except that the novel kept getting mentioned when I was searching for Victorian Language of Flowers information for a class recently and a facebook friend stayed up all night reading it the same week.  I just purchased it and it looks good.  Let me know if you are interested.
Krista and I will be reading Wilkie Collins' The Woman in White one of these times.  It's a crazy plot twisted Victorian thriller and I am much looking forward to it.  Again, let me know if you are in.
Soon, I will be offering up a notice that My Mother was correct and Louise Penny is excellent and I'm so angry at all of you for not mentioning her before, but I can't write about that now because I have 40 pages left in the book (and another one to start right after that).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Im ready for Woman in White when you are! :)

I graduate in early May and take boards middle of June probably, so its kinda hectic at the moment. However, im very excited to read it! Im going to see if I can get it on my Kindle!

Debbie said...

Much to my chagrin I like the book!

Debbie said...

I finished! Didn't like it so much later.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I finished too, let's talk.