During this year of roots, I resolve to:
1) eat the underground parts of at least twelve different plants, at least 5 of which I have not eaten before. I will be using Diane Morgan's "definitive compendium" Roots as a starting place.
2) Blog about rhizomes, bulbs, corms and tubers, so it is clear why I used the term "underground parts" instead of "roots" in the previous sentence.
3) Attend a family reunion.
4) Introduce my sons so some members of their extended family.
5) Write about family and cultural traditions, in part to reassure my mother that we have "roots" and that I understand them.
6) Publish prairie turnip data!
7) Correct Diane Morgan about prairie turnips and find out where she learned her information.
8) Listen to "roots" music.
9) Read Roots (the Alex Haley book, in addition to the Diane Morgan book) or watch the mini-series, or both.
14) Read at least 3 other books with roots in the title, or by people named root (see SiL's suggestion on my original post)
10) Plant lots of things with my sons.
11) Grow and harvest some root crops.
12) Forage some roots.
13) Blog about root eating at least once a month.
15) Get to the root of some problem.