Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Streak for Stroke Backstory

If you are visiting because my mother asked you to (thanks Mom!), or for any other reason, welcome.

I've maintained this blog since January 2007 as a place to write about 1) my theme/resolution of the year (this year it is "glowing", 2014 was "roots" and 2013 "acid", for instance) 2) books I've read 3) my garden and 4) whatever else I feel like (which often includes my family).  During May (pediatric stroke awareness month) I am blogging almost daily in order to spread the news about pediatric stroke (see the last week for reasons why) and alert people about support available through the Children's Hemiplegia and Stroke Association.
Rocky Mountain Penstemon
May 4, 2015

My sons have code names on the blog.  Dianthus and Aster are 5 and 3, and, at times, can be very charming individuals. Scroll down (or on the next page to April 30) to see for yourself. They are also, as mentioned, 5 and 3, so can be very short on charm for long periods.

Aster had a stroke in utero (you can read about the craziness of finding out months before he was born here, and by following other posts with the "Rutherford Robinia label). I first wrote about his diagnosis with hemiplegic cerebral palsy here in September 2013 and then blogged a great deal about it in May 2014.

Through personal storytelling, I'm hoping to answer questions about pediatric stroke, so if there is something that you want to know, please ask.

No comments: