Sunday, January 28, 2007

Danger Mouse: First of the Animated Rodents

Between chipmunks, mice and squirrels, animated rodent options abound. I dove into this morass by watching Danger Mouse, one of the few animated rodents I have never seen before.
Aside from the fabulous theme song (which alone may be worth the rental) I was not amused and concentrated mostly on the laundry needing sorting.
Danger Mouse may be too British for me (hard for me to admit), not as good as Rocky and Bullwinkle, or may just not be very funny. Oh well.

Some highlights however:
-theme song. An obvious parody of Bond movies and really well done.
-that Danger Mouse and Penfold (hamster sidekick) are really mouse-sized and live in a post-box in London.
-bagpipe jokes always make me laugh.
-Captain K is a chinchilla (three different rodent species in one series!)
-I now know DM. Long ago a friend was amazed how my (then) boyfriend and ex both had important British initials. "BBC" I understood. "DCM?" I queried. Not "DCM, DM! Danger Mouse!" He was aghast and now if I ever run into Greg I can tell him that I have seen DM. I'll probably not tell him how unimpressed I was.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Danger Mouse was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid. I love the theme song. I do wonder if I would still like it as much today, though I imagine there would be a lot of nostalgia for it.