Tuesday, April 24, 2007

RIP Nibbles

A rodent with whom I interacted on a near daily basis died yesterday. Nibbles was a geriatric guinea pig living the good life in the basement wet lab absolutely pampered by our custodian. Nibbles was years and years old when she came to my co-worker years and years ago. Not surprisingly, Nibbles never endeared herself to me, because, well, Nibbles was an old guinea pig in a cage. Rodents that bite as pets in cages really don't do anything for me. Still, I am sad that Nibbles died before I had a chance to take her picture for the blog.

My colleague asked if we should have a memorial service and burial for Nibbles. I consented with the caveat I would unlikely keep a straight face.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Poor Nibbles. Sounds like a good life.

Anonymous said...

At least one there's still one Nibbles still alive and well.