Friday, June 20, 2008

She never ate a mouse

Cassiopeia, twice thin, once very fat, family cat died yesterday of kidney failure and old age. She was 17 and 2/3 earth years. Named after the constellation and the silly vain woman of mythology, Cassie acted publicly shy and skittish in recent years. She was, however, full of personality and very close to her particular humans. While she lived with me in Kansas, she would purr to shake the covers at night and acted as the most persistent alarm clock ever in the morning. She loved to watch the news with my parents. Given that her desire for tummy rubs vastly outweighed her sense or her sense of fear about tripping large humans, it's amazing she persisted for 17 years without being squashed underfoot.
Rest peacefully Cassiopeia and loving head pats to Mom and Dad who will be awfully lonely without her.

3 comments:

Irene said...

Aww. Hugs to Sparkling Squirrel and her mom and dad. I never met Cassie, but I'm sure I would have liked her. I bet in the feline afterlife, she is bragging to the other kitties about what wonderful humans she had during her sojourn on earth.

Beth said...

Aww. Hugs around to all. I agree with Irene that Cassie is busy being the cat to be jealous of and is explaining what's been going on in the world to the others.

Jennifer said...

I am sorry to hear about Cassie's passing. I know your parents will miss her. She was a sweet kitty. Here's to Cassie and her time on earth.