Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ladies Glow

More glowing resolutions:

Team Ecuador, from the FIFA Womens' World Cup 2015 webpage
12.  I will see women from around the world glowing as they play World Cup Soccer.  Specifically I will see women from Cameroon, Ecuador, Switzerland and Japan in person from BC Place in downtown Vancouver, although I also intend to watch other matches televised.  These women will be "glowing" in the sense of, "Horses sweat, gentlemen perspire, ladies glow," but perhaps also basking in the glow of victory.

13.  I will glow myself into shape.  Somehow it feels like I am sullying my "fun" resolution to add a serious fitness resolution. None the less, I was recently reminded 1) about how "ladies glow" 2) how unfit I am 3) how important it is not to be unfit 4) that public accountability helps with achieving fitness goals and 5) that I am running a 5K in a month.  I also recalled Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project (which I really enjoyed, and would heartily recommend to some, but not all, of you) and how dividing her big resolution (happiness) into smaller month-long chunks made sense.  So, while I will be pursuing moonlight and candlelight this month, I will be focusing on developing that healthy glow through exercise, and will be publicly posting about my trials and successes here.  Tonight the new fit bit comes out of the package.  Tomorrow I wear it. 

No comments: