Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Feeling Traitorous

Sometime on Monday Raymond Cronos Darcy was rolled away into the sunset to provide money for a local NPR station and hopefully provide someone else with needed transportation (either in whole or parts).  I'm feeling traitorous because I barely took time to feel sentimental and am mostly happy that the view of my flower beds is now unimpeded.

Raymond had 169, 789 miles on him, and, as of this fall, would have been as old as my incoming freshman.  I bought him 11 years ago a few weeks after meeting the Mister.  While I never bonded with Raymond quite the way I bonded with Naz, Raymond was a great field companion and a really solid car.  He made it to the Pacific in 2004 near Portland, saw Atlantic salt water near Williamsburg (2009) and Annapolis (2010) and traveled over 8,552 miles with us on the great road trip of 2007.

I'm feeling a little sad that I can't say that he'll be missed.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably makes the yard look better too. Two cars at the house is likely more picturesque than three, especially if one is a flashy new Prius!!!!
grandpa

Sparkling Squirrel said...

We cleaned the garage so that the flashy new Prius and the Mazda fit inside. So the yard definitely looks better.