Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Day kicks off the Streak for Strokes

Happy May Day!
May your life be filled with spring and flowers rather than Soviet military maneuvers or last ditch distress calls.
May is Pediatric Stroke Awareness Month, and, as with many of the other parents part of CHASA, I'm doing a streak for stroke. Streak for Stroke has been going on for many Mays now, and the nice alliterative phrase has been used to mean many different things, from streaking ones hair to planting a streak of purple flowers, but most commonly used for doing things consistently-- getting a winning streak going.
Pediatric Stroke Survivor and Big Brother Dye Easter Eggs 2014
So, during the month of May, I'm going to blog up a storm, and keep a streak of blogging five days a week for the month.  My intention is that once a week I will write personally about raising a kid with hemiplegia, once a week I'll write (or link to) information about pediatric stroke research, and the remainder will be my normal blog posts-- roots, flowers and books.  I have one guest post lined up by an adult with cerebral palsy lined up and would love to hear of your experiences with strokes, special needs children and cooking with roots.
Please check back often, ask questions and comment.  I'd love to start a discussion and I'm hoping to post often enough that I'll respond in a timely fashion. 
Someday I may even answer the obvious question: why do we need to raise awareness (and money) about pediatric strokes?
But until then, enjoy the flowers. 


3 comments:

Chateau said...

Wonderful May Day thoughts - thanks!

janet said...

Wow, I just caught up...somehow I had missed the streak!

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Welcome J-babes, as always.